Reacting to Instagram direct messages with emoji responses is a fun way to express yourself without having to type out a text reply. Instagram’s reaction feature allows you to tap or click emoji reactions on both mobile and desktop.
What Are Message Reactions on Instagram?
Message reactions are Instagram’s alternative to text message replies. Instead of typing a response, you can simply tap or click a reaction emoji to instantly convey your feelings. Reactions make responding to Instagram direct messages faster and more visual.
How to React to an Instagram Direct Message on Mobile
Reacting to a direct message in the Instagram app on iOS or Android is easy:
- Open the Instagram direct message you want to react to.
- Double tap the message to quickly react with the heart eyes emoji.
- Or touch and hold the message to bring up more reaction emoji options. Select the emoji reaction you want.
- Tap the + icon to open the full emoji menu if you can’t find the right reaction.
- You can also “super react” by touch and holding an emoji reaction.
The recipient will receive a notification or see your reaction emoji next time they view the message.
How to React to an Instagram Direct Message on Desktop
To react to an Instagram direct message on the web:
- Go to the Instagram website and open the direct message you want to react to.
- Hover over the message and click the reaction icon that appears.
- Select a reaction emoji from the full menu that pops up.
The recipient will be able to see your reaction emoji when they view the message.
Express Yourself With Emojis on Instagram
Reacting to direct messages on Instagram with emojis is a fast and fun way to engage without typing long responses. Just double tap or select a reaction icon to convey your feelings instantly with a tap. React to Instagram messages today to enhance your messaging experience!